Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day-by-Day Themes

One of my goals for this blog is to have 6 weekly entries: 1 for each weekday & 1 for the weekend.  I think having a theme for each entry will make the blog more interesting and also give me a guideline to follow - instead of thinking to myself, "Um...what should I blog about today?"  So with that, I give you the day-by-day themes:


"Made for Monday" will feature something that is made, whether I've made it or it's a guest blogger who has made something.  Either way, Mondays will feature some sort of craft-ish tutorial.  


Not completely unlike "Made for Monday", "Tasteful Tuesday" will feature a recipe that I've tried or that is from a guest blogger. 


"Words of Wisdom Wednesday" will feature some sort of wise words.  This may come from almost any source (i.e., the Bible or a quote) and will include my thoughts on the it. 


"Thrifty Thursday" will - obviously - focus on being thrifty.  In this day and age, frugality is vogue, especially with my limited budget.  Therefore, I'd like to offer up some sort of thrifty idea, advice, or deal that I've come across.


"Finale Friday" will be my chance to sum up my week and/or give updates on what's going on in my life.  I will also likely include goals for the next week for a bit of accountability.  I realize this may not be interesting to everyone, but my family likes to know how I'm doing every once in a while.  ;)  And this is one of the easiest mediums to use since I don't have time to talk to each family member over the phone every week!


Because the weekends are usually filled with laziness stuff to do, I've decided that "Word-Free Weekend" posts will be simply pictures.  After all, a picture is worth a thousand words, right?!


::Side Note::

Every once in a while you'll get to see a "Bonus Blog."  These are basically just blog posts that don't necessarily fit into any of these themes and are added at random points during the week.  No added costs.  ;)


So that's the plan.  Since this blog is a sort of in an experimental stage, it's possible that these themes may change.  And who knows, I might just get crazy and deviate from the themes every once in a while just to spice things up a bit!



No comments: