Friday, January 21, 2011

Finale Friday: Quiet Week


Hey-howdy-hey there!  Week one of daily blogging ends today, and I can't believe I made it through!  I find myself constantly seeking out blog ideas everywhere I look now - I think we call this border-line obsessed.  Lol.

As far as life goes, things are swell.  This week has gone by exceptionally slow.  I find myself thinking, "Is it really  only  Friday?!"  It hasn't been a particularly bad week or anything - just SLOW.

Some pretty exciting things are going on as far as my leadership roles at church.  I'm the Children's Ministry Coordinator (or something to that effect), and I just met with our associate pastor and the nursery ministry leader to discuss our mission and goals, etc., for our ministries and how they can work together.  I'm super excited about what's going to be happening there.  AND we're hosting a pancake breakfast for our teams to thank them for all their hard work and get some feedback from them.  So much to be excited about!

Another rather new thing going on is that I am now the teacher for our new Singles' Small Group - that Matthew has fondly dubbed "The Quarter-Lifers".  Our church has suddenly had a huge influx of single people come through,, which is super awesome since Matthew and I have been two of the few there for a while.  Matthew has taken on the role of "Shepherd" for our group, which basically means he plans/coordinates our fellowships and service projects - the more social role of the two.  On top of all this, we've had a wonderful new(er) family in our church offer up their home to host our mid-week group!  So our group starts this coming Tuesday, and I can't wait (and any prayers offered up for this budding ministry are much appreciated)!

Other than that, I've been working.  On the up side, I'm in love with my job.  The Lord definitely has me in the right place, or, at least, the right state of mind for what I'm doing.  I've also been reading a lot.  My  parents got me "The Story of the Trapp Family Singers" - the book that was the inspiration for "The Sound of Music" - for Christmas, and I absolutely love it!  I can't put it down.

One last thing, Matthew is trying to get a job at the shipyard up here.  It would be a really great career move for him - really great, actually.  We worked on his resume on Monday, and he'll be going to the career fair at the shipyard at the end of the month.  If you wouldn't mind offering up a prayer for him regarding this pursuit, he - and I - would really appreciate it.

And that's about it for this week.  Nothing too-super-exciting has happened, which I can't say is necessarily a bad thing.  Sometimes quiet weeks are good.  :)

Hope you all have a great end to your week, and look forward to this weekend's "Word-free Weekend" post!

No comments: