Friday, January 28, 2011

Finale Friday: Non-boring Week



This week has been a fun one - not necessarily for any particular reason.  It just hasn't been boring.

Matthew took the Accuplacer earlier this week and got fantastic scores on all of the sections.  He did so well, in fact, that he qualifies for an apprenticeship at the shipyard!  Thanks for your prayers in that regard.  Today he's going to the shipyard career fair with several of his portfolios in hand, and we're praying he'll find favor in their eyes.

I've been working, as usual.  Nothing new to report there.

Yesterday morning I had coffee with a sweet, sweet friend from church (we meet every other Thursday morning), and we had a great time catching up from before Christmas.  And, to make it even better, we met at our usual coffee shop, which is always delightful.

I don't know if you guys caught my weekend update this last weekend, but one of the pics was a purse that I bought on Sunday.  I've had my eye on it for several months now but didn't want to pay full price for it.  Well it was the last one on clearance at Old Navy on Sunday, AND all their clearance was half off!  So I got the purse for the big whopping price of $4.25!  I was rather impressed with myself.  :)

I'm also really excited because I'm trying out Zumba for the first time tomorrow!  My friend, Denise, has been bugging me to go with her for a while now, but I've had something going on every time she's invited me.  But tomorrow I finally have the chance to go, and I'm super stoked!  I've heard it's a blast, and I'm excited to test it out myself.  I'll let you know how it goes!

My last exciting thing to tell you is that I got a new pair of glasses online this morning for less than $20!!!  One of the blogs I read regularly - The Frugal Girls - posted this awesome deal last night for 10,000 free pairs of glasses, and all you have to do is "like" this one company on Facebook to get a free pair (lenses included).  The catch is that it only lasted from 9 am to 12 pm EST, which is 3 hours ahead of me.  So I woke up at 6 this morning to snag a pair of my own.  They're not a very "typical" pair of glasses for me, but I thought I'd be a little spontaneous and try out something new.  After all, they're less than $20!  I'll be sure to post pics when I get them!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

No comments: