Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Words of Wisdom Wednesday: A. W. Tozer



Matthew and I are going through a book right now called, "Devotions for Dating Couples: Building a Foundation For Spiritual Intimacy" by Ben Young and Samuel Adams.  This week's topic is prayer, which is funny since I just received and started reading "Couples Who Pray: The Most Intimate Act Between a Man and a Woman" today.

I read this quote in the devotions book earlier and thought I'd share it for Words of Wisdom Wednesday:

"The most important thing about you is what you think about God."
A. W. Tozer

Even though this quote isn't so much about prayer specifically, it really gets me thinking.  It's a very humbling thing to think that the most important thing about me isn't even anything having to do with me - it's about the One who created me. 

I think this state of mind should permeate throughout my life so much so that I am living it out for others to see.  I want it to be evident to those around me that I believe the most important thing about myself is what I think about God.

Do you have any thoughts on this?  Feel free to comment below.  


No comments: