Friday, February 4, 2011

Finale Friday: Sweet Stuff



This week has been a pretty good one, except for the fact that I'm one day ahead of myself - I woke up Wednesday and thought it was Thursday (same goes for Thursday thinking it was Friday).  Talk about a bummer!  Oh well.  :)

Probably the most exciting thing about this last week was our singles small group.  The first week kind of got off to a rocky-ish start because there wasn't a very big turnout.  So that was sad.  Going into this last week (our second week), I was anxious about whether or not we took the right approach for the group.  Boy did God ever turn that thought away!

Our meeting this week was SO fun!  I decided to take a fellowship approach with it this week since the singles group concept is really new at our church, and we had a game night.  Cindy, our lovely host, made amazing turkey chili, and we played "The Game of Things."  And it couldn't have gone better!  We had a blast with that.  After a little while Cindy's son, who is also in the group but had to work that night, got home, and we all sat around joking, laughing, tearing up from laughing, and chatting.  In fact, we enjoyed ourselves so much that we didn't leave until 11 pm!  Thank goodness Cindy loves the company!  I feel so blessed about this group and can't wait to see where the Lord takes us next!

I also scored a fabulous deal this week!  Only problem is I can't tell you about it until next Friday because it's going to be a gift for someone super sweet...and it's not Matthew!  I bet you're eager to find out that one.  I can't wait to tell you either!

Matthew gave me my Valentine's gift the other night, and he sure knows me!


It's a cupcake stand with Valentine cupcake liners filled with candy!  He may have had a few - accidental - hints.  We were shopping together one day when I saw the cupcake stand and raved about it.  And there's no hiding how much I love candy.  Seriously.  He's a smart one.  And since I now have cupcake liners and a cupcake stand, I had to buy Valentine cupcake mix and Valentine frosting!  I think I'm going to make them for our small group!  Can't wait to post pics for you!

The only other thing I'd like to mention - the last thing, I promise - is that my birthday is only 12 days away.  Just in case you need a reminder.  ;)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: