My bare walls needed some "love" - so I made these wall hangings out of cardboard and scrapbook paper. Call me cheap, but I "love" 'em!
- Cut a piece of cardboard into 4 pieces of the same size and shape. I used the side of a cardboard box from the box fan I bought a couple of weeks ago.
- Cut out letter forms to use as a stencil. I made these from white scrapbook paper.
- Flip the cardboard over to the back, and lay your letters down on backwards. Trace the letters. The reason it's on the back is so that marks from your pencil/pen/marker are on the back and not the front.
- Use an Xacto knife to cut out your shapes. (Save those extra letters for a project to be posted on The KC Experience at a later date.)
- Pick out paper to glue behind your letters, and glue those suckers on!
That's it! I like to think I'm the queen of simple. :) To hang them, I just hot glued some gift wrap ribbon to the back sides and hung them on push pins! I don't know about you, but I'm pretty impressed with my ingenuity.