Tuesday, December 20, 2011

He put a ring on it...

For those of you who haven't heard yet...

Matthew proposed!!!

That's right - I'm getting married.  :D  We're super excited and can't wait to celebrate with family and friends.

Since most of you don't know the story of how he proposed, I'll share it with you.

On our first date (about 3.5 yrs ago) he took me to the observation deck in downtown Port Orchard (where we live).  And it's an absolutely beautiful spot that quickly became one of our favorite places to go and look out over the water and talk.  So on Saturday night he took me back there, and we talked for a little while.  Then he told me he brought me there to remind me of where we began, told me he loves me, and then got down on one knee and asked the classic question, "Will you marry me?"  And, of course, I said yes...with a squeal.  :)

And now we get to celebrate the holidays as a newly engaged couple.  And I get to look at my sparkly ring all the time!

We hope you all have a Merry Christmas!



No comments: