Monday, August 6, 2012

Engagement/Wedding Cards Organization

We received SO MANY cards for our engagement/wedding.  And I didn't want to just throw them away because many of them had sweet, personal notes to us.  But I had no clue how I was going to store them - there were that many.

And then I saw this pinned on Pinterest and knew that it was perfect for all of our cards.  The problem was that I couldn't find binder rings big enough for all of the cards we had.  So I got innovative.


I basically ended up making two card "books" with the biggest rings I had and used two smaller rings to attach them together.  For a bit of flair, I used leftover ribbon from the wedding (in our lovely wedding colors) to tie them up in a bundle.

Let me tell ya - my hands were cramped after this project, but it was so worth it.  And I will add that a handful of the cards were just too thick or embellished for the hole puncher to work.  So I just slid them on top under the ribbon.

One pin I saw included a cover for the wedding card booklet - I think I might have to add this to ours because I really like the look.  We'll see though.  :)


I'm super happy with how it turned out.  And it now sits on display with a few of our other wedding/engagement knick-knacks in our living room.  :)


No comments: