Sunday, November 4, 2012

Popcorn Stitch Baby Blanket


This blanket was done using a popcorn stitch with size US G hook and Bernat baby yarn.  I referenced this pattern for the popcorn stitch.  That being said, my "popcorns" never really pop that well, but I still like it.

For the edging, you can follow this pattern:
Rnd 1 (gray - around the entire edge of the blanket): sc, ch 3, repeat until end of rnd, sl st in first sc.
Rnd 2 (gray): Ch 1, sc, 2hdc, sc in each ch 3 section, sl st in first sc.
Rnd 3 (yellow): Ch 2, *hdc, 2 dc, hdc*, repeat from * to * around entire blanket. 
Fasten off.  Weave in ends.  


That's it.  It's not my favorite blanket ever, but it's still pretty.  And I think it'll be a little warmer than my previous Granny Ripple Baby Afghan.  Can't wait to send this one to my aunt as well!


No comments: