Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The One Letter Difference

Every week, I'm in charge of making sure the songs for Sunday morning get into our order of worship.  Usually this is an easy job because someone else tells me what songs they are.

A few weeks ago, I was doing just that, entering in the songs for our first service, when I made a typo.  The song was supposed to be Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb,  but I accidentally typed Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lame.  Changes the whole meaning, my friends.

So I started thinking this would be a fun thing to play with, changing a few letters here and there in worship song titles.  Here are a few others I thought of:

  • Blessed Insurance
    • (originally Blessed Assurance)
  • Glorify Thy Blame
    • (originally Glorify Thy Name)
  • This Isn't The Day
    • (originally This Is The Day)
  • Mighty to Rave
    • (originally Mighty to Save)
  • How Majestic is Your Mane 
    • (originally How Majestic is Your Name)
  • In His Mime 
    • (originally In His Time)
I could probably go on all day.  But I'll spare you.  

No comments: