Friday, September 27, 2013

Fall Wreath 2013 and Wall Bunting

With the onset of Fall, I always seem to want to craft more.  Maybe because I love the season so much.  I don't know.

Either way, today - my day off - has been FULL of crafting.  And I feel so rejuvenated!

The first project to share, and the main inspiration for getting into the crafting mood is the wreath I made for our door.  I am LOVING it!



I loosely used this tutorial from Jones Design Company to make it, but I used a bigger wreath form and, consequently, more burlap.  I also had some floral pins on hand from my diy wedding bouquet that I used to class it up about around the ruffle on the front.


As for the little accoutrements, I made the burlap bow a while ago as a fun add-on to a purse.  I basically sewed black ribbon onto the burlap and then tied it into a bow.  And the "Happy Fall Y'all!" I made from a little piece of wood that I bought at Joanns.  I painted it red and then used orange and black paint pens for the letters.  The little bow/flower/thing on the edge is just a bunch of twine wrapped up and tied around the middle that I hot glued on.



The best part is that I made them with safety pins on the back so that I can take them off and re-use the wreath after fall!

So I'm definitely pleased with how it turned out!

And, while I was at it, I decided to make a bunting banner for above our tv.  The wall just bears so much empty space that I felt like it needed something to make it not seem empty.


It's definitely been a productive day, and I feel so accomplished and revitalized!

Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments: