Monday, January 24, 2011

Marshmallow Shooters



As Valentine's day has been drawing nearer, I've been racking my brain to figure out what to give my sweet man.  And then the thought occurred to me, "What better Valentine's gift for a man than a marshmallow shooter?!"
Girlfriend of the Year, please!
Anyway, I'm not super great at keeping secrets from my one and only, especially when it's something I'm so excited about.  So I told him - I know I'm a sucker.  But he loved the idea!  And what kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn't make TWO so that we can have a marshmallow battle?!  So now we have two.  :)

I got the general idea for it here and am posting a tutorial with pictures for you.  Here we go.

"Marshmallow Shooter"
What you'll need:
  • 25 in piece of PVC pipe cut into 7 pieces  
    • One 7 in piece
    • Six 3 in pieces
  • 2 PVC elbows
  • 2 PVC "T"s
  • 2 PVC end caps
  • Mini marshmallows\

What you'll do:


First thing's first: get your handy-man to cut your PVC to the lengths listed above.  The piece of PVC I bought was 60 in total, which was enough for 2 marshmallow shooters with 10 in left over.  If you're going to use a hand saw like my man, make sure to clean off the edges as much as possible so that the marshmallows don't get caught on any debris.



Make sure to have a one-eyed cat supervise the process.  Just in case.  ;)



Next thing is to assemble your pieces like so.  It's really not rocket science - it's actually incredibly simple once all the pieces are cut to size.



Then put it together and have your man pose for some pics!


Simple, huh?!  It took us less than half an hour to make two of them, and all of the supplies cost us less than $5 at Lowes!

We're probably going to decorate them somehow, too.  Matthew found some digital camo duct tape at Wally-world the other day, which is what I'm betting he's going to want on his.  Any suggestions for mine?  I was kind of thinking zebra duct tape.  We'll see!  I'll post pics of the final products when we get them completely finished!

Happy hunting!





Photobucket
Sumo Sweet Stuff

The Girl Creative




Its So Very Cheri


Pink Hippo Party






Anything Related


lil luna link party button

Today's Creative Blog





Show and Tell Green
Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden



http://www.thethriftyhome.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting. I was just think about this. I wanted to make them for my sons Birthday party. Cops and robbers. Some of the parents aren't in to guns. Who could be mad if we shoot marshmallows. Thank you again.

Grannys Attic said...

Thanks for the post! I know my grand kids will love these. Need to go to Lowes tomorrow before the snow gets here so we will have a fun project to make together. Have a great week, Vicky

MaryZLicious said...

I've been looking for a tutorial on these the last few days. I saw some that didn't give measurements and I've been too lazy to work it out. Looks perfect :)