Monday, February 7, 2011

Made for Monday: 5 Craft Project Features


So I'd like to apologize for posting so "late" tonight - I usually post in the morning but had too busy of a weekend to get things in order!

Anyhow, today's blog post is dedicated to featuring 5 (of the million) craft projects I've seen and would love love love to try (as well as my thoughts on them)!  So here we go!


I saw this lampshade done on "She's So Crafty" several months ago and instantly fell in love with it.  I finally bought all of the materials and hope to get started on it very soon.  And I'm pretty stoked because all of the slides are pictures of places in Europe!  Isn't that fun?



Even though I'm not married (or engaged, for that matter), I am head over heels for these pillows.  And I have a couple of friends who are getting married in the near future who just might be getting a set because I'm dying to make them!



I think what I love most about this project - other than the fabulous colors - is that it was made with an ordinary, every day supply.  Since I'm cheap (and not full-time...yet) I love projects that are easy on the pocketbook.  And this one is so beautiful!  I even love the texture that the plastic bottle gives the flowers (you can see it in in some of the teal flowers). 



CREATE STUDIO is one of my absolute favorite blogs because of her cute, creative, and practical ideas.  And this one is absolutely precious!  I'm in love with the whole bird motif, and I love books - so this project is right up my alley!  And I adore how she hung these right over a chair in a little nook in her house - what a perfect reading spot.



I'm starting to get more into paper crafts, namely because of this project.  I think it's a really cool art piece that is so versatile and unique.  And it can be used in so many different places: a wall in a child's room, on a mantel, in a kitchen, on a door - the possibilities are endless!


I hope these projects inspire you like they inspire me!  I absolutely love them and can't wait to actually make them and then feature them for you!  


2 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you!

Ashley said...

the book birdhouse is exceptional. the plastic bottle arrangement is genius. it reminded me of some artist's home's where they had an outdoor sculpture "tree" with glass bottles as the branches. nice compilation, Kendall!