Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tasteful Tuesday: PB Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies



Is your mouth watering yet?!  Are your eyes tearing up at the thought of such a majestic duo?!  I think you're going to love/hate me after you've read this.  You'll love me because these are to-die-for.  You'll hate me because these are to-die-for.  Seriously.

So this is how these happened.  My friend Jessica found these delicious cookies, and we decided to try them.  She then found some other cookies filled with peanut butter (not chocolate chip ones) and wanted to try them too.  We tried the Oreo ones Sunday night - incredible.  Brought tears to my eyes.  So we decided to try the pb ones last night with the left over dough.  Here's what we got...

*Disclaimer: The KC Experience is not responsible for any unwarranted weight gain after the consumption of these desserts.  However, we will take responsibility for any bliss experienced during or post-cookie-consumption.*

PB Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies
(inspired by the genius of Jessica Huckaby)


What you'll need:
  • Chocolate chip cookie dough
    • I suggest using this recipe for the dough.  I used the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag, and they spread way more than I wanted them to spread.  The ones from the link didn't seem to spread  much at all.  
  • 1/2 c peanut butter
  • 1/2 c granulated sugar
  • Baking sheet
  • Parchment paper or foil
  • Oven - obviously

What you'll do:

Make the dough.  This is part of what I had leftover from the previous night.  



Take your peanut butter and sugar (in a separate bowl), and mix them well.



Make a "dough cookie" in your hand and dab a dollop of your delectable peanut butter/sugar mixture right in the middle of your dough patty (I couldn't resist using the alliterated d's - sorry).  



Enclose the peanut butter with the dough, and form it into a ball.  Stick it on your cookie sheet and bake according to the dough recipe you used (pretty much until they're barely brown).  Let them sit on the tray for a couple of minutes, and then let them cool on a cooling rack - assuming they make it that far once you get a whiff of these amazing treats!



Now you just have to enjoy them, which won't be hard - I promise.  :)  



No comments: