Sunday, June 12, 2011

Crochet Inspiration

I was browsing blog land, as I'm prone to do in the wee hours of the night, and stumbled onto some gorgeous crochet inspirations.  I thought I'd share them with you in hopes you might find a little inspiration, too.


IMG_1115

The "Sweet Flower Granny Blanket" over at Attic24.  The use of colors and different size squares is to die for, not to mention the multi-colored blanket underneath it.  I love love LOVE this blanket, but she also has several other wonderful creations.  I actually came across her website because of another blogger who posted this...



The "Ripple Blanket" over at The Crafty Mummy.  I love the simplicity of this blanket and how it flows.  I also think it might be kind of neat as a scarf, which is what I thought it was at first.  



The "Simple Baby Cocoon" at Tots & Bottoms.  I recently landed some gorgeous, golden bulky yarn that I am thinking might be used for this photo prop to be gifted to a friend who is expecting a baby in November.  I think a golden color will be super appropriate for an Autumn baby, don't you?



The "Convertible Cowl" from The Crimson Owl.  I've actually made this one already and absolutely loved it.  It was simple but very satisfying to make.  And I find this picture inspiring, even though I've already made it - I'm thinking it's the purple yarn (my favorite color to wear).  


I just love all the colors in these pictures, which is why I think I'm finding them inspiring right now.  Life in the Northwest can get pretty drab colored because of the weather we experience so often, and so I try to embrace bold colors to brighten things up a bit.  Hope you find them inspiring, too!


No comments: