Thursday, June 16, 2011

Popsicle Stick Bracelet

The other day I found this tutorial over at "Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom" and thought it would be PERFECT to try.

I'm not going to post the whole tutorial - go ahead and check it out at the link above for the full thing.  However, I did do it slightly differently.  I found that my bracelets wouldn't stay on my wrist after they dried.  :(  So I used a little ingenuity - case in point:


I realized that I could hot glue two of them together to make a bangle bracelet!  Please, please.  No applause necessary.  ;)  

So I hot glued the two together like in the pictured and wrapped mine with some pretty gold yarn we had at work, and VOILA!!!


I was really impressed with myself (even though my picture taking skills aren't too great...).  This was such an E.A.S.Y. project, and it's perfect to do with older kids and/or middle schoolers and up.  And a great way to add some faux vintage jewelry to your collection!

3 comments:

Suzy Myers said...

Awesome idea! If it is okay with you, I'd love to feature this in my "Features and Thank you's post" at the end of the month.

suzy

Brit said...

Awesome! I am going to make one in every color ;) Thanks so much for linking up with us!! We appreciate it ;) Have a great week!
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Great idea!! :)
Thank you so much for linking it up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week as well!
xoxo,
Vanessa