Sunday, June 5, 2011

One foot in front of the other


Hello, again.  Feels good to be back.

It's been almost exactly 6 months since I took my - not so - little hiatus from blogging.  It has been a long couple of  months, to be very honest with you.  And I feel like I should be a little up front about why it's taken me so long to come back to this.

Back in February - actually, the week of my birthday - a series of different events occurred that sort of, shall we say, stripped me of my urge to craft, bake, create.  This blog was such a fun thing for me to do, and, for whatever reason, I associated it with those events for a little while.  I think it's because I had just started to get really into the whole blogging thing when those events occurred.  And I was just wiped clean of inspiration.

Every once in a while I had the tiniest urge to craft, but it never really stuck - except for one project that I can't wait to share with you.  However, a couple of weeks ago I spent the evening with some girlfriends, one of which is a fellow crafter who occasionally reads my blog.  We were casually chatting about crafting when she told me just how much she had enjoyed reading my blog posts.  She had even tried one of the crafts that I had listed as one I wanted to try at some point!

I don't think she knew it at the time, but my friend ignited the spark within me to get back in touch with my creative side.  She was so encouraging without even knowing it - thanks a million, Emily.  So I decided to revisit the blogging, crafting, creating world.

I also decided that I want it to look different from what I was doing in the past to signify the kind of personal life change-ish-ness that I've gone through in the last months.  That's why there's a new look to the blog.  And that's also why there might be a few things still in the process of renovation - so please bear with me.  You'll notice that the blog has a simpler feel to it (at least, I think so) - it's not quite so busy and cluttered.  I've noticed in the past few months how precious simplicity can be.  To simply love.  Simply do.  Simply be.  I want to express that through this blog.

I look forward to getting back in touch with my creative, inspired side.  I also look forward to getting back in touch with the creative side of my Creator in that personal way that can only be tapped by doing my own creating.  After all, he is my ultimate inspiration...

No comments: