Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Beds We Make

Does anyone else get home from work or wherever and realize that you made your bed earlier in the morning and didn't remember that you did and feel instant relief and gratitude at your early morning self for making the bed so that you don't have to do it now?

That's not me today.  However, it was me yesterday.  I got home from work and walked into our bedroom to our pretty, made up bed (that I had forgotten that I actually made earlier in the day) and felt so happy about how pretty and nice it looked.

The thing is...I'm usually running late in the morning because I sleep until the very last minute.  And, well, honestly, the bed being made doesn't make the cut on the list of early morning priorities.  But I'm always SO happy later on in the day that I've actually done it (when I actually do it).

So I'm trying to decide if I want to train myself to be a makes-her-bed-every-morning kind of a person or not.  Matthew doesn't seem to really care either way.  He's happy when it's made.  He's happy when it's not.    And I'm not unhappy when it isn't made - I just really enjoy it when it actually IS made.

See my predicament?  Is it worth it?  We'll see.

In the meantime, however, we're married!  Woohoo!  We tied the knot Saturday and are now enjoying every minute of married life.  Especially nights like last night when Matthew goes to bed before me and I freeze in the meantime and then get to snuggle up close to his warm hubby self when I finally go to bed.  It's the little things.  :)

As part of our pre-marital counseling, we had to put together individual lists of 10 reasons to marry each other and then share them with one another post-wedding.  We finally got ours done, and it was awesome to find how many of our reasons were the same.  Looks like it's happily ever after for us!


No comments: