Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sleepy Victory

Every morning (besides weekends) Matthew wakes me up at 4 am so I have 30 minutes to wake myself up before we drive him to his carpool, instead of waking me up right before we leave. By the time I get home from dropping him off, it's 5 am, and I've been awake for a solid hour.

The last couple of mornings, I have been staying awake until it's time for me to get ready for work because I've felt well-rested. And if Matthew can do it, surely I can too, right?!

I mostly have been doing crafty projects of some sort, whether knitting or baking or making a paper chain. This usually keeps my mind busy and away from sleepy thoughts.

And the great thing is that I've been sleeping really well at night, even though I'm getting less sleep than usual. I think that, before staying up in the morning, I was getting too much sleep and was restless at night. It's been great. Seriously. Almost since we got married I haven't been sleeping well. And now I think I know why - too much sleep.

But I have to be honest - this morning has been HARD. My body is telling me that I'm tired and should just go back to sleep, but my brain is reminding me of how great it's been to REALLY sleep through the night.

I'll push through though! I will be a victor in this sleep battle!

And in a few days Chewie and I are joining a gym (see previous post about my 2012 - 2013 goals). So my plan is to head straight to the gym after I drop him off at his carpool in hopes that I can kick sleepy's butt on the elliptical (or whatever workout machine of choice).

In the meantime, I'm holding fast to this verse for encouragement:

::But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV)::

So here's to a victoriously good morning!!!

No comments: