Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Northwest Love Story

I recently ran across this linky party and thought I'd join in the fun.  I haven't seen anything like this before, so I'm curious to try it out.  



1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Matthew and I have been together for 3 years and 6 months as of February 2nd of this year.  

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
The first time we ever encountered each other was after church the summer of 2007.  I noticed him playing the guitar in church and was really impressed - so, naturally, I walked up to him afterward and told him he plays very well.  All he did was say thanks, nod his head, and keep on strumming.  Little did I know that he was already smitten by me before I ever walked over to him.  So when we were officially introduced by his dad at church a few weeks later, it didn't take long before Matthew asked me on a date.

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
Ummm...hmmm...I guess so.  ;)  Just kidding!  We're getting married June 9th!!!

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We will be getting married at the church where our relationship started (and grew), First Baptist Church Port Orchard.  Our reception will be at Bethel Grange here in town.  And we're expecting 150-175 guests to attend.  So I would say big?

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
In texts and emails, Matthew calls me "love," which absolutely melts my heart.  I'm not even sure how that started.  And my pet name for him is Chewie.  It all started because his nieces couldn't say Matthew when they were little, and his nick-name as a kid was Chewie (because the kids he played with couldn't say Matthew - they could only say "Maa-chew," which turned into Chewie).  So I got them to start calling him Chewie, and it became more of a habit for me than anyone.  :)

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
I love that he has an intimate relationship with Jesus.  I love that he's the kind of guy that other people (and I) really respect.  And I love that he works so hard to provide (and does so heartily).

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
On our first date, Matthew took me to dinner at this Japanese steakhouse (my first experience of that kind) and this spot that overlooks the water downtown, and we talked for a couple of hours.  The night he proposed he took me back to the place downtown, told me he loves me, and got down on one knee.  It was super sweet and entirely romantic.  :D

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
He's more of a dinner and candy kind of a guy because he knows how much I love candy!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I like the idea of a sunset dinner on the beach, but I think I will always prefer the intimacy of watching a movie while relaxing on the couch.  I like the comfort of it.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I'd like to visit Greece and Rome and England.  I just want to travel with him.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
That's a good question.  We aren't super duper hardcore about doing something on Valentine's day since my birthday is only two days later.  We'll probably just rent a movie and order Chinese or something.  Haha.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Not really.  I mean, he'll get me something, but I'm not asking for anything specific.  I have been kind of begging for a sewing machine recently though.  So I might end up getting one for V-day/birthday.  We'll see.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Learn how to communicate.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.









Linking up here:

No comments: