Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Penny Saved


Several friends have recently asked me where I find all the amazing deals I get.  I wish I could say that I'm just amazing and find them all on my own.  But that's absolutely not true - I'm too lazy.

My big secret is....other blogs.  I know, nothing super exciting.  There are three money-saving blogs I follow in blog-land and "check in" with every day for new deals.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Hip2Save.com - this blog is by far my favorite and where I find most of the deals I score.  The author posts good deals all throughout the day.  But my favorite aspect of this blog is that at the end of every day she posts a running list of all the deals from that day, kind of like a summary post from the day.  Since I check her blog at least once a day, this feature is super nice because I know when I see her daily post as I'm running through her page that I've already seen the ones prior to that and don't need to keep looking.  It's the little things, people.



TheFrugalGirls.com - this blog isn't updated as often as hip2save.com is, however this one is unique in that she posts things other than just good deals.  For instance, she'll post frugal tips for traveling or inexpensive birthday party ideas.  



ThriftyNWMom.com - I love this site because it's specific to my local area.  I've found several deals for local baseball games or free events in my area by following her blog.  She doesn't post a ton of deals like other sites do, but I always check her blog to see what's going on around the Puget Sound, especially around the weekend.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's pretty much it.  If you're just looking for a place to start, I'd go with hip2save.com.  I don't always take advantage of every deal, but some of them are super worth it - I just pick the ones that are useful for me.  And I use deals from all three sites for work and leisure.  

Hope this list is helpful and that you're able to score some sweet deals of your own!


No comments: