Wednesday, January 16, 2013

New Food Love

Last night, Chewie and I decided to have a DIY/fend-for-yourself dinner night since we haven't had the chance to really go grocery shopping since we got back from vacation (so much more on that later).

I looked in our cabinets and found cans of tuna, Chef Boyardee Mac'n'Cheese (gross), chicken noodle soup, tomato soup, taco shells, some veggie penne, cans of Nalley Valley chili, and marshmallows.  So I threw them all together...just kidding.  That's disgusting.

However, I had a thought that maybe the chili on top of the penne with some cheese and onion (both in the fridge, not the cabinet) might be kind of tasty.  I asked Chewie, and his response was, "Yeah, it probably will be good.  Just don't tell anyone."

My obvious question, "Why not?"

His reply, "Because it just sounds weird."

It does.  Totally.

But it was actually delicious.  So delicious that I brought some to work for lunch today.  I think I've found a new love.

I know it looks gross, but it's soooo goooood.  :D

No comments: