Friday, June 12, 2015

#FrescaVoxBox Review


I recently received the complimentary #frescavoxbox from Influenster to test out some pretty cool products.  I was super excited to get this particular box - everything in it was something fun to try out!  Thanks, Influenster, for the awesome products!

Here's what came in the box:
  • Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters Daily Scrub
  • Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream
  • Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner
  • NYC Expert Last Lip Lacquer in Rockaway Ruby
  • JAFRA Blends
  • Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs


 Here's what I thought about each of them:


Neutroena Healthy Skin Booster Daily Scrub
I was hesitant to try this out because I have a pretty set and regimented skin care routine that I don't deviate from often because of my fickle skin.  I decided to try it out at night to remove my makeup/clean my face before bed, and I've been pleasantly surprised.  I didn't use any other product with it, which felt odd, especially not using moisturizer.  I was worried that my skin would feel really oily in the morning.  But I've used it three nights in a row, and each following morning my skin has felt smooth and soft but never oily.  I felt like it did a decent job of removing my makeup and left my skin feeling fresh.  I'm not sure how this would hold up with my acne prone skin over a long period of time, but I think it's something I'd be willing to give a try for a couple of weeks to see how it goes.  Overall I liked this product.  The smell was nice, and the results were good.  A win in my book!



Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream
Disclaimer: I don't usually use shaving cream when I shave because I use the razors that have the built in shave bars because they're way simple to use in any shower space.  With that said, I really like this shaving cream.  The scent is pleasant but not overwhelming, and my legs felt nicely smooth and moisturized when I was done shaving.



Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner
This product has been an absolute delight to use.  My initial reaction was 'just another hippy organic product', but it's actually held up to its claims.  I have thick, oily hair, and not all products work well in it, but this was has been pretty good.  I got just over two uses out of it, both of which were the usual amount I use.  I decided to try this with two different hairstyles that I go to most often to see how it holds up.  The first day I used it, I just blow dried my hair and wore it down and plain.  I really loved how soft my hair felt throughout the whole day, and the scent was super delightful.  It stayed untangled and shinier than usual, which was pretty cool, but it wasn't necessarily any less oily at the end of the day.  It also didn't give my hair much lift at the roots, but most shampoos/conditioners don't with my hair.  The second day I used it, I scrunched my hair with my usual scrunching product.  This day it performed about as expected.  My hair was a little shinier than usual but didn't seem to be much different from when I use other shampoo/conditioner products.  With the little I had leftover, hubby decided to use it on his beard.  He liked the scent and felt like it performed as well as other products.

Overall I really did like this stuff.  The price is about twice what I'd normally pay, but it does have some nice benefits because it's bio-degradable (which apparently won't clog the drains) and doesn't have any sulfates.



NYC Expert Last Lip Lacquer in Rockaway Ruby
When I pulled this out of my #frescavoxbox, I was a little blown away by the bright red color!  It's definitely bold and not a color I would usually pick out at the store.  I don't usually wear much lip color (if any), so I was very anxious about trying this one out. When I put it on, I found out quickly that a little goes a long way. The color was very vibrant and intense, but I really liked it! It isn't an every day wear kind of color for me, but it was still really fun and glammy. I even got a compliment on it from a co-worker. It wore more like a stain than a gloss, and I really liked that about it. Definitely something I'd wear again, but probably not super often.



JAFRA Blends
For this product, I received a full size scent and three smaller sample scents.  The full-size I received was the Sea Salt Rose Petals scent, and I LOVE IT.  I'm usually really picky about perfume scents because I get headaches easily, but this one is so pleasant and understated.  I use one pump on my wrist and use it to splash a little on my other wrist and neck, which has been the perfect amount of scent.  I would DEFINITELY buy this product again when I run out.

I also received three sample scents: sea salt rose petals (like the full-size), violet pomegranate, and blackberry juniper magnolia.  The idea with these is to layer them either two or three at a time.  I think it's a super cool concept.  Three individual scents that can be layered for a total of 7 different scents!  That seems like a steal to me.



Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs 
This is a super interesting product.  It's a self-tanner, but it's temporary.  Think of it as foundation for your legs.  I think the concept is kind of cool, but I don't love the idea of having to reapply it every day for a tan look.  It comes in 5 shades, and I received the 'Light' shade.  It went on pretty evenly, although I had to work to make sure it got smoothed out on the backs of my knees. The color was perfect for my white legs, not too dark but still a good amount of color. It didn't wear onto my clothes or furniture, which I really liked. I go back and forth on how much I like/dislike the one application only idea. I can see the benefit but also find it a little irritating to have to do each time I want some color. Altogether, though, I was really pleasantly surprised by this product.

No comments: