Monday, February 9, 2015

February Goals & Update on January's Goals



It's already February (my birthday month!), and I can't believe it.  Already 2015 is moving by so quickly.

A quick recap on my goals for January, here's what my goals were and how I did on each one:

  1. Lose 6 lbs (which breaks down to 1.5 for the 4 full weeks in Jan). - I didn't quite achieve this one.  I was well on my way the first couple of weeks with a total of 5.6 lbs lost in 3 weeks, but the last week of January was a tough one for low-carb eating, which resulted in a gain of 2.6 lbs.  Total weight loss for January = 3 lbs on the dot.
  2. Write 2 blog posts.- I was able to achieve this one with ease.  I posted about my January goals (see the link above) and tips for a better 2015.
  3. Finish 2 books. - I more than achieved this goal with a total of 3 books read!
    1. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
    2. Blaze by Stephen King
    3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
I feel pretty awesome about accomplishing two out of the three goals I set, and I'm not even disappointed about not losing the full 6 lbs since I still lost something.  Plus, three lbs lost is still a pretty good start in my eyes.

On to February!  Here are my February goals:
  1. Read 2 books.
  2. Post 2 blog updates
  3. Start/Finish 1 craft project (I already have something in mind.)
I decided not to go with a weight-loss goal this month because I'd rather focus on eating right than losing an actual number, especially since I pretty much crashed the low-carb diet the last week of January.  I want to work more on persevering and enduring this month.

I already have a great craft project in mind that I'm super excited about and will feature a tutorial on it (probably in March) here on the blog.  I have some post ideas running through my mind for this month, one of which I'm particularly jazzed about.  And I've got a book checked out from the library by one of my favorite authors that I can't wait to read (and maybe post a review on??).  So lots to look forward to in the coming months, and I can't wait to share it all!


No comments: